Infertility is more than just a disorder. It gives mental stress and increases agony of the patient. With this there are many questions which run through our mind. we have compiled few of the frequently asked queries, but if this does not satisfy you feel free to write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
What is IVF all about ?
• Ovarian stimulation: Your stimulation will start on day 2 or 3 of your periods.The infertility specialist will start you on gonadotropins hormone injections. Initially injections are given for 5 days, and you will be called on day 6 for follicular monitoring. On the basis of your scan report, dose of injections will be adjusted. Maximum of 10-11 days of injections will be given.
• Egg retrieval: In this step, the eggs are taken out from female’s ovary by using needle under light sedation. Further, the eggs are placed in a dish containing nutrient media and further it is shifted to the incubator.
• Fertilization: This is the next step of called fertilization where male sperms are taken and mixed with the most active sperm in a special chamber. Then, the egg and sperm are placed in incubator and the process is monitored so that healthy embryo can develop.
• Embryo transfer: It is the last step in which the healthiest embryo is transferred. Initially, the doctor examines so that healthy embryo can be selected. With the help of small plastic tubes the embryo is transferred. The pre-requistise and most important factor for embryo transfer will be thickness of your endometrial lining. If the lining is thin, then you will be advised to undergo frozen embryo transfer (FET). FET cycle is done in the next periods after making your endometrial thickness from day 2 by giving oral estrogen valerate tablets.It usually takes 12-14 days to have a good endometrial thickness.
How much time I need to invest in IVF ?
(2) Second day on day 2 of the cycle to start ovarian stimulation.
How much will IVF cost me ?